5 Ways To Practice Self-Care
Self-care has been discussed in depth for the last few years now and it’s a vital essential to everyone’s lifestyle. Taking care of ourselves and loving ourselves should be a key priority in life but oftentimes it’s not. We’ve decided to share a few tips and tricks to incorporate self-care into your life no matter how busy you are.
1. Do something daily that brings you joy. This can be something as simple as listening to your favorite song in the morning or having your favorite food for breakfast. If you start your day off on a high note, then that will set the tone for the how rest of your day will go.
2. Take care of your body. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep every night. Stay hydrated and drink water daily. Eat something that will nourish your body. If you happen to drink coffee daily switch out one cup or a whole day for herbal tea instead.
3. Keep your space organized. If you have papers all over your desk and you can’t even find a pen to write with, you aren’t setting yourself up for greatness. At the end of each day make an effort to organize your workspace so you can find everything you need to kick butt the next day.
4. Disconnect. Take a break from social media. Put your phone on Do Not Disturb. Go for a walk to get some fresh air and clear your head. Take a midday nap. You deserve at least 5-10 minutes to yourself daily. Your mind, body and soul will thank you for it.
5. Treat Yoself! Do something for yourself. Get dressed for a night of Netflix and chill with a glass of SHOKi by your side. Or have a dance party to your favorite mix of 90’s hip hop. SHOKi is the perfect way to celebrate you.